As a person-centred provider, we believe that it’s important to know what people we support think about us and what we do. Combining this with how we always strive to develop, earlier this year we sent everyone we support a questionnaire asking them to tell us their thoughts on the support we provide.
We received an amazing total of 54 responses!
And the results are in…
For the period of 2018-2019, we were given an average rating of…
4.5 stars out of 5 stars!
Looking at it closer, 60% of respondents gave us 5 stars out of 5, and a wonderful handful of people added additional stars – some even all the way to 8 stars.
The questionnaire asked “What do you think about the quality of support from Options?”
We’re pleased to say that 93% of respondents said the support we provide is either ‘Very Good’ or ‘Good’.
Breaking this down further, a staggering 68% rated quality of support as ‘Very Good’ – an improvement on last year’s score of 65%.
The next question we asked was “How reliable do you think Options is?”
Most of our respondents said they think we are reliable – meaning we do the things we say we will do; with 85% of responses giving us a rating of ‘Very Good’ or ‘Good’. We know that sometimes things can happen which means this isn’t always achievable but we always try our best to do the things we say we will.
Our questionnaire also captured what people we support would like to change about their support and things they’d like to stay the same.
Things that people wanted to keep the same were:
- Their staff teams – We had a bunch of lovely comments that personally named fabulous support workers.
- The fun activities they do
- Existing events that Options offers like our Christmas parties
- Where they live and who they live with
What most people said they wanted to change was:
- For Options to organise even MORE events! Particularly in Wirral… Which we have some great news as we’ll be bringing One Wirral Festival back to Birkenhead Park this August.
- For us to be better at sending out rotas in advance
- And many people would like to go on holidays – from Spain all the way to Hong Kong and America!
What did everyone have to say?
There were numerous positive comments and feedback given from people we support. For example:
- Ronnie rated us very highly across all questions, he wrote “Thank you! I will stay with Options forever.”
- Anita, who has got involved in loads of our events through support of her team, said: “I am glad to be supported by Options and to be able to take part in the different projects. If I hadn’t done Open Mic Night last year, I wouldn’t be where I am today!”
So what happens next?
We’ll be sending out thank you letters to everyone who gave us feedback. Where there is something specific that we can be doing to improve someone’s support, e.g. if someone wanted to try new things or get involved in more events, we will set our Team Leaders clear actions and will regularly review how well we’re getting on with this over the next few months.
Want to give us some feedback?
You don’t have to wait to receive a questionnaire to give us feedback! All our staff, people we support, families and friends of Options are more than welcome to get in touch at any time to let us know how we’re doing. Feel free to ring the office and speak to Lisa on 0151 236 0855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org